According to reports, a former Qatari prime minister gave the British Prince Charles a suitcase containing €1 million in cash.
According to media reports, the donation was one of three cash gifts from Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim totaling €3M.
The sheikh's donations were immediately forwarded to one of the prince's charities, according to the prince's household, Clarence House, and all the necessary procedures were followed.
No evidence exists that the payments were unlawful.
The Sunday Times reports that between 2011 and 2015, the former prime minister personally gave Prince Charles three cash donations.
It is alleged that the money was once given to someone at a meeting at the prince's official residence, Clarence House, in a holdall.
On another occasion, the newspaper reported that the cash was kept in shopping bags from the upscale Fortnum and Mason department store in London.
"Charitable donations received from Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim were passed immediately to one of the prince’s charities, who carried out the appropriate governance and have assured us that all the correct processes were followed," Clarence House said in a statement.
The Prince of Wales' Charitable Fund, whose mission is to "transform lives and build sustainable communities" by giving grants to deserving organizations working in areas like conservation, education, health, and social inclusion, received the funds.
The fund informed the Sunday Times that its trustees had determined the legitimacy of the donor and that its auditors had approved the contribution.
Following allegations that one of Prince Charles' charities helped a Saudi donor obtain a UK honor and citizenship, donations to that organization have come under scrutiny recently.
The Honours (Prevention of Abuses) Act of 1925 is being investigated by the London Metropolitan Police, according to a statement made earlier this year.
According to Clarence House, Prince Charles was unaware of the alleged offer of honors or citizenship based on a donation to his charities. The foundation is said to be offering its full cooperation.
The foundation's CEO and former valet, Michael Fawcett, resigned in November while the charity looked into the allegations.
He coordinated with "fixers," according to the investigation, to get Mahfouz Marei Mubarak bin Mahfouz, a billionaire businessman who is innocent of any wrongdoing, an honorary CBE.
However, it came to the conclusion that there was no proof that the coordination was known to the trustees.
By fLEXI tEAM